• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering time.

Enthusiast ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I only done short 1 mintue videos before with CH, and the rendering time wasn't so long for what I could remember. 

But now I need to do 2 videos of about 2,5 minutes and 7.5 minutes 

Big question..  How long does rendering take for CH videos????

Also...  the 2.5 minute video has a lot of junk after 2.5 minutes that I do not want to render... How do I make sure those are cut off?  After seeing that I have 3 hours to go I went to the CH project and split and deleted the the sections of the items that went beyond the 2.5 mintues that I need, but the rendering time still way up on the 3 hr mark.

I guess I could prepair some videos and leave them redenring over night, but is there a faster way to do it too? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Rendering is influenced by many factors, including resolution of the image and complexity of the puppet. (But frankly, it feels slow to me too.)

I cannot fix the speed, so I try to work around it. First, you can adjust the length of a scene by setting the Duration property of the scene. Nothing beyond the end will render. Or you can set the "workspace" (?) duration. Don't remember the exact name, but you can add start and end markers in a scene and it will only render that part. I mainly use thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering is influenced by many factors, including resolution of the image and complexity of the puppet. (But frankly, it feels slow to me too.)

I cannot fix the speed, so I try to work around it. First, you can adjust the length of a scene by setting the Duration property of the scene. Nothing beyond the end will render. Or you can set the "workspace" (?) duration. Don't remember the exact name, but you can add start and end markers in a scene and it will only render that part. I mainly use this to skip the first few seconds of a scene to let hair physics (dangles) settle down at the start.

My biggest solution for longer videos is to create multiple scenes, render and export them one at a time, then use Premier Pro or Adobe Rush etc to join the clips together. Then I can rerender just one scene rather than the whole video each time. You can duplicate a scene to have the positions retained. I would do this at a cut scene for example, or when the camera does a cut (e.g. a closeup). I call each scene numbers to keep them in order. It is a little more organizational work, but means I only have to render short sequences each time. If I need to go back and fix something, I don't have to rerender the whole video (just one segment of it).  I tried to be clever at one stage and flip the camera around, recording a full sequence in one position then render the full sequence at another camera position, then use Prem pro to edit different segments from a clip - but in the end it got confusing, so I create a new scene per clip and just concatenate them in Prem Pro. It was easy to remember when I came back to the project later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right clicking on the timeline blue line will give you the option of "Set work area end to playhead".. that way I make sure to cut off the rest of the stuff I don't need to render. 

Seems like rendering time wasn't as long as I was thinking, still not fast.

I am doing 1080p HD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines