• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacement source puppet arm movements not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported many puppets from the home screen, and recorded the Chloe puppet waving and talking via lip sync. Then, I made like a dozen duplicates of that puppet in the timeline, and replaced all the waving-talking Chloes with other puppets like the Dr. Applesmith puppet by right clicking them and selecting "Replace with Selected Puppet in Project Panel". The new puppets face/lip sync fine, but they don't wave their arm, even after I put the dragger behavior on their rig and made their hands independent. Am I missing something?

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not even know that feature was available! So here is a guess only. If the handles/tags etc have the same name then it works. If the paths or names or something differ, it fails to link up the old handle with the new one. Since mouths are so standard that probably works well. Arms with draggers might not be using same names on the draggers, so the old recording is not being linked to the new puppet correctly. Eg it might work with identifal puppet structure but differ4nt artwork, but as soon as the nesting changes maybe it will fail to link it up... maybe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed the names, and made sure the dragger behavior parameters matched. Still no luck 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines