Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rigging issue.

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am making a sample character for a project I am working on. The character's head isn't moving with the rest of the body when I activate the walk cycle. I have tried renaming the head layer, and changing the attach style. As far as I can tell, the origin point for the head doesn't want to move when I select it. Has anyone come across this?

KennyWilsonAuthor_0-1645286178702.png

Thank you!

Kenny

Kenny Wilson
Self-Published Author, Illustrator, Screenwriter
TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally leave the yellow outline icon on (bottom left) but in this case I put the yellow mesh icon on that covers face with lots of triangles too. It can sometimes show what part of face is not moving.

First guess is you have a head handle (the solid circle) on the head layer. A behavior might have picked the handle as the head instead of the enclosing layer. That can cause problems.

If you look at say the walk behavior (or Face behavior) and expand sections like views and handles, if you see a path like /puppet/standing/Head:Head, the colon at the end indicates it picked a handle inside the layer rather than the layer itself.

My suggestion as a first step is to delete the solid circle for the Head handle and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

I did delete the solid circle. The empty circle in the middle of the head is frozen in place. Normally I can move this to the body and everything works fine I think that is the issue, but I can't figure out how to move it. Any ideas?

Kenny Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. The eyes need to be independent. Woot woot! 😄

Kenny Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And before I forget, thank you so much for coming in to help me out @alank99101739. Your suggestions made me look at the problem with fresh eyes and lead to the fix. I appreciate your help. 😄

Kenny Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines