• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rigging issues help pls! head moves along with the rest of body, torso looks like its pinned 2 somet

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with the neck as the head moves along with the rest of the body...

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 14.45.42.png

 the puppet seems suffer some deformations when i start moving...

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 14.47.57.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 14.54.05.png

 here is how it´s rigged...

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 19.58.15.png

When I use the full body camera there is a lot of jittering and the torso appears to have been pinned to the background. Ive have already played with independence with different parts of the body and I have even turned on face time because it said in the forum that it improved mobility I have also changed the scene settings and Im recording at 60 f per sec. Legs, arms, tail and face are independent as well as the zipper from the sweat shirt to be able to add some dangle to it.

Last but not least. Ive noticed that the puppets from adobe dont get deformed when you get close to the camera or leave the scene but mine does.

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 14.48.28.png

 

Any ideas on how to solve it???

 

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

I noticed that you have alternate parts for the eyebrows, Eyelids, arms and so on. I am assuming that you want to use those for swap sets and if so, they are not set up correctly. There can only be one blank, root layer for each of those parts, with all of the swap parts inside that folder. So for the left arm, you need one master layer for the left arm, with left arm, left arm cruzado, and left arm alternative inside that folder. Otherwise, character animator gets very confused with all of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get a better look at the rigging hierarchy in the images that you posted, but all I'm seeing is a blank screen. I do not know why that is. Without knowing what's going on, all I can suggest is to check the independence of your head and body layers. Those should not be independent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like the forum software is broken - I cannot view the rigging hierarchy either. Tap to expand and it does not show the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Maybe you can take a closer look with this picture
[image: Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.40.19.png]

Would it help if i send you my puppet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the image was not uploaded.

If you want to send a puppet, you'll need to use something like Drop box or Google drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that you have alternate parts for the eyebrows, Eyelids, arms and so on. I am assuming that you want to use those for swap sets and if so, they are not set up correctly. There can only be one blank, root layer for each of those parts, with all of the swap parts inside that folder. So for the left arm, you need one master layer for the left arm, with left arm, left arm cruzado, and left arm alternative inside that folder. Otherwise, character animator gets very confused with all of the parts sitting on the same layer. Even if they're hidden, character animator sees those layers and gets confused. Removing the confusion is the first step to getting the program to work properly.

To get body tracking to work best, you'll need good lighting and an uncluttered background. Do what you can to clean up the background or hang up a sheet so that the program can easily see your motions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that I answered so late, just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP I restructured all the hierarchy of the puppet as you suggested and it works fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it help if I uploaded my puppet for you to check it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, head and body are not independent, and I had to add some fixed stick on the jaw so the face wouldnt deform and on arms as well because the arms when moved look disconnected? Could that be a problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed is correct to use sometimes, but not others. You can have sticks without "fixed". Fixed = pin to parent layer (or to the scene) so can cause problems. If you are just trying to stop bending/warping, don't add "Fixed" to the stick. The stick without a tag is fine.

I have not used body tracking much, but I have noticed if I walk in and out of the camera view, it loses tracking for parts of the body which can result in deformations. E.g. shoulders stop moving, but hands keep moving. Or if it started without the full body in the camera view, then I moved into view, it suddenly thought that part of the body moved (e.g. head jumping up high, stretching the body between). I guess the solution is to stand further back from the camera...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, I noticed that when I add the walking behavior or the motion library, even if I don´t use it diminishes the distortion, and the puppet seems more grounded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines