I am new to this, I will readily admit it. I have spent hours looking through tutorials and researching online, but to no avail. It quite honestly might be something extremely basic, but I cannot get the ai file rigged correctly when importing it into CA.
Either I end up with a detached head, or one that warps with any movement, the pupils won't track and head doesn't tilt properly. Any assistance and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I can't seem to upload the file here either, so I am linking it on Dropbox.
Illustrator File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nos7m16jannqvnr/First%20Puppet%20copy.ai?dl=0
Thanks for making your puppet file available. That's a huge help!
Here are a couple of things for you to try:
At this point I was just trying to get the head not to warp, so I started adding things that the blank puppet template had to see if I could get it to stop moving. No luck.
The issues I would want to resolve that seem to be broken right now:
* When I move my eyebrows, the eyebrows stay in place but the whole head warps
* The pupils remain in place, not moving when I look left or right
* The whole body moves and warps when I move
Those are the main things that I am trying to figure out and resolve. I have been at this for less than a week, and I feel I have learned a lot, but there is still so much I don't understand.
I followed Geoffrey's instructions then did a few more:
So very close to working.
Lol! I just read your last post. Helps when I read what your actual problem is!
Thank you Geoffrey and alank,
I fixed the eyebrow issue (though they move together instead of separate from each other, but I am sure I can figure that out) and fixed the pupil issue as well by following the advice from both of you.
As for the head issue, I kept the head layer itself dependent, but made the background layer independent. I also lengthened the neck on the body layer so it ends up just under the nose (but hidden in the back). This seems to have allowed the head to function more like what I wanted it too. My guess is that the eyebrow tags being on the head layer was what was causing most of the warping, but I did add points to the shoulders to help stabilize there too.