• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sad mouth triggers but will not lip synch - neutral mouth OK

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on my second Ch puppet. Everything looks fine apparently - no rigging issues found.

However, when I compute lip synch, it works perfectly for the neutral mouth. But when I trigger the sad mouth, the lip synch remains in neutral.

The default sad mouth will trigger independently, but does not compute with lip synch. The lip synch properties are seeing both sad mouth and neutral for all mouth shapes. I'm attaching a couple of screen shots. Any help or guidance would be gratefully received!

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 5.38.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-11 at 5.38.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Oh cool, glad you liked the class!

Check this video out - I think everything is working as expected, you just need to record with the sad trigger on:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/ce626ff5-ee7f-49b0-7d1f-bfa35499a074

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to manually add a mouth tag to the sadmouth layer, or rename it to include a space "sad mouth". It probably is not recognizing it as a mouth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your advice.

- I changed the layer to sad mouth but this didn't have the desired effect. The lip synch still only works on the neutral mouth, although all of the sad mouth visemes will trigger when the character is not animated.

- I tried manually adding a mouth tag to the sad mouth layer, without success – this gives me the error message "Handle tagged as mouth is not being used by any behaviors". Otherwise Ch is not detecting any rigging issues.

I'm attaching a link to the puppet, to see if this offers any clues as to what I'm doing wrong. If you have time to take a look, I'd be very grateful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc12a0srtxsr90z/Simona_test.puppet?dl=0

Thanks!

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked this out and when I press 5 the sad mouth seems to be working okay for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your swapset look like? Take a look at Chloe from the home screen and make sure it's set up exactly like her. It looks like the tags are working given the "2"s you're seeing on the left, but my best guess is the swap set is running into issues somehow.

One way to check this would be to temporarily delete the "Mouth" group in CH and see if the remaining sadmouth set works. That way you know you have a working mouth, and it's just a matter of figuring out why it isn't triggering properly. If it still doesn't work, then something with the mouth rigging itself is faulty.

If you still can't figure it out, post the File > Export > Puppet here or DM me and I'll take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help!

I've tried this and I'm still a bit stuck. The sad mouth still tiggers fine in isolation, but will not compute with lip synch.

Here's a link to the puppet https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc12a0srtxsr90z/Simona_test.puppet?dl=0 any advice gratefully received.

Ian

ps. I loved your intro to Ch at Adobe Max - one of the very best sessions - I hadn't attempted Ch before this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh cool, glad you liked the class!

Check this video out - I think everything is working as expected, you just need to record with the sad trigger on:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/ce626ff5-ee7f-49b0-7d1f-bfa35499a074

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thanks Dave - so it was just that red button! I hadn't realised I needed to hit record again to activate the sad mouth once the audio track was in place. Got it. Thanks very much for taking the time to expleain so succinctly, it's much appreciated. 

I'm really enjoying getting to grips with Ch. 

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved it for me too, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines