• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a scene as a .mp4 without background

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save a scene (performance) without a background?  I'm going through Media Encoder CC2018.

In Character Animator, whether I select no background, or white background, the rendered .mp4 video always has a black background......

TOPICS
Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

The mp4 does not support a transparent background. You need to export to a format with an alpha channel, such as mov. Or you can drag the scene from Character Animator to After Effects or Premiere Pro, and the background will remain transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mp4 does not support a transparent background. You need to export to a format with an alpha channel, such as mov. Or you can drag the scene from Character Animator to After Effects or Premiere Pro, and the background will remain transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can export from CH as a png sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1

I use “QuickTime/GoPro cineform RGB with alpha” in media encoder to keep transparencies. No problems yet. I find my personal workflow is quicker this way.

But if you want to scale etc in AE I think the dynamic linking gives better results. So I do that for more complex scenes mixing CH and video and trying to get scaling and clipping right

i stopped using export of png sequences as above two good enough and fewer files to manage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines