• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving and opening projects

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you save and then open projects in Character animator. Ive had to rig my character, ive lost count of how many times. I create it then click on save project as and save. However when I come back to get it or mess with it in Animator it wont pull it back up. I can find the file but if i click on Open project and choose the file, nothing happens. Or if i go to import it and i select the file, a folder pops up in Animator but it is empty. If someone could help that would be amazing cause haveing to rig the same character everytime i want to use it is getting tiresome.

TOPICS
How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Character Animator auto saves after every change. Save Project As I have never used - I assume it saves it to a new file (makes a copy). I am wondering if all your changes are being saved off somewhere else, and so not being restored when you reload the software. Basically just make changes and its saved - nothing more to do.

If you want to use the puppet in a different project, then it is necessary to use "Export Puppet" from the menus. That creates a *.puppet file which contains the artwork and rigging. You can then import this into a new project if you wish, and it will keep the rigging. This can be a useful way to back up a puppet as well. Do not import a the artwork file (.psd/.ai) as that won't include the rigging. You must import the *.puppet file.

I export puppets periodically so I can reuse them in different projects, or just to make a backup. But this is the exception for me.

The only other thing to watch out for is running cloud sync software on the same file system as CH is using can conflict with CH causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines