• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale and Position Transform

Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a walk cycle for my puppet based on the example in Wonder Boy. I would now like my puppet to walk towards the camera - essentially scale up and slightly change X and Y position—and then stop. I feel I should be able to do this by recording my guy walking at the starting position and scale—small and near the top of the screen—and then record him standing in his final position and then, per the Recording & Editing tutorial, blend the two takes. But I can't figure out how. Dragging the scale and position behaviors in my timeline to blend the two takes just imposes one take of the puppet on top of the other.

How do I do this?

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at “Project Wookie” linked from https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/ , there are a few episodes like Ep 9 on moving a puppet linearly using blends And 11 on a bobbing walk. That is how I move things linearly. Not sure its what you are after however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks as always, Alan. That was helpful. I'm still struggling to get scale and position to resolve at the same time the walk cycle ends—puppet tends to continue to grow or move down after walking or before, but not at the same time as I'd like. But it does now grow larger as it approaches. Appreciate it.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To align with walk behavior, I would export the video, note down the exact frames it exported at for start and end, then adjust the blend length to match! Hacks, but you cannot change the walk position I suspect, so you have to adjust the blend length instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try that, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines