• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale up scene

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team, i already captured all my scenes in FullHD. The characters (all vector) are scaled and walking in them. Now i would like to scale the whole scene up to 4k. I already tried exporting 4k through media encoder, but the Footage is blurred after it. I also checked 400% resolution of all characters and tried to scale the whole scene via live link through after effects. Unfortunately everything without success. Do you have any ideas, without recording everything from scratch?

Cheers Sebastian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could change the scene size in Character Animator and scale each character up using the Transform behavior. I *think* that's the only way you'll be able to get a higher resolution output from Character Animator.

Dan R.

CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator?  If Photoshop, because it is rasterized, you need to make sure your original artwork is high enough resolution.

In Illustrator, there is also a setting in the preferences, but not sure how Important it is. You can set the resolution of the artwork - I crank it up just in case it makes a difference. In document preferences from memory.

But my guess is you did not increase the scene resolution. That will be what CH outputs I think. I think if you set it to 4K in media encoder, it just scales the image up. You need to get CH to generate 4K directly. But I am not sure if all the draggers etc will scale correctly if you change the resolution of a scene. The Transform behavior may be worth a try.

I think the “400% resolution” of characters changes the internal resolution it uses to help with anti aliases or similar, but it still scales the result down to the scene resolution. (Educated guess, not definite fact.)

it makes complete sense getting CH to generate a video at the desired resolution without having to change the scenes and recordings of draggers etc, but I can see there could be problems if the new size has a different aspect ratio - what should it do Then?

No advice on the AE dynamic linking support. I don’t use it very often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple. Click once on your "scene" in the "project" box (top left). Look at your "properties" box (on right) under >Scene. Click on "Scene". You'll see Frame Rate, Duration, Width, and Height. Change the width and height to the aspect ratio of 3,840 px, by 2,260. And you're done! Now go to your menu, Scene, New Scene Camera, and adjust the camera's x, y, and z position. You can zoom in too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines