• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling Distortion in Character Animator

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in need of some help with an issue I am having in Character Animator. I have added three puppets to my stage. All of them are created in Illustrator. Two of them are scaling fine. I can make them very small if I want to without a problem. The third however seems to get completely disorted and I dont know why. It is like he is getting sucked into one point on the chacater the smaller I make him. Please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I assume you are using Transform behavior to scale the puppet when you see this problem.

If so, I think you have "Transform" handle somewhere in that puppet, so that Transform behavior scales the puppet based on that handle.

To find out where "Transform" handle are;
1) open the puppet you have this problem in Puppet panel,
2) in the Search field of the Puppet panel, type "tag:transform" without " and ".

Or
1) same above,
2) in the Properties panel, twirl down Behaviors -> Transform -> Target Handles. You can see the list of layers which have Transform handle.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for respoinding. Yes. I was putting the puppet on the stage and then using the scale option to the right.

I tried both of your suggesitons and found nothing. Second one says "target handles" = 0.

Does having a hidden cycle layer animation in the puppet affect it's ability to be scaled? That is the only thing I can think and only real difference between this puppet and the other two.

Has to be somehing I did within CA because as a test I did a save as of my puppet, imported it, without rigging or tagging anything I dragged it to the stage and it scaled fine. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what the problem is, but I often turn on the "mesh" icon in the scene view (the one that shows little yellow triangles all over the character). Then try and scale and see if you can identify a point or area in the artwork misbehaving. It can help reduce where to look or give a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking Transform handles.
Can you also check to disable other behaviors except Transform to see if any other behavior affects this problem?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your responses. I will try to disable the other behaviors and see if that works… I am somewhat new to CA so I'll have to figure out how to do that. 

I did try to view in the mesh view but did not see anhyting that jumped out at me as being the cause. 

Next thing I am going to try is duplicaitng the puppet and then deleting all of the triggered actions and see if they may be the cause. If they are I am really going to be upset because I spent a long time rigging this puppet with these animated triggers for a reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I wanted to update this in case anyone else was having the same problem. I figured out my problem. My character is a monkey. I inadvertantly had an origin tag and a dangler for the tail on the wrong layer. Once I cleaned that up it seemed to scale just fine.

Thanks again for trying to help. Really apprreciate it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines