• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene mode drops puppet's face

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with the puppet head only and have it completed. It loads into Ch completely, but when I change to scene mode or add a background, the face layer disappears. Brows, eyes and mouth are in the scene, but not the face. How do I get the face layer to appear in scene mode.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Larry,

Are you using version 1.1.1?

Can you show us a screenshot of your puppet? What's the color of the face layer?

Have you tried refreshing the scene (Ctrl + shift + R) or changing the background color?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell without seeing your puppet, but I'm guessing the scene background color matches your face layer. You can change the background color.

From the help document:

"To change the displayed background color of a scene, click the Background Color button (a small color chip) at the bottom of the Scene panel. It cycles between black, white, and dark and light transparency grids (checkerboards). The color is ignored during export."

Dan R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. I am working only with the head and face. The face is orange and the background is transparent. That is the way the project was saved. But when opened again, all that is present are the eyes and mouth. This does not happen with the template face...until I change a behavior in properties, such as changing the eye blink rate. After the change, the puppet face does what it is supposed to do in scene mode. But when I save the project, reopening it always loses part of the image. I have had one-time success by opening a new template face in Photoshop and transferring all the layers from my broken puppet to corresponding layers in the template face. By one-time, I mean that the new puppet face works when opened the first time in Ch. But it too fails after saving it from Ch or after changing a behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to take a look personally. I'll need either the .puppet file, or the entire project folder in a zip file. You can attach the file to this forum thread, or message me directly.

Dan R.

CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, since last communication, I downloaded another template face from

Character Animator site, verified that its animations worked on my Ch ap,

and then in Photoshop, I moved each layer of my image into its

corresponding layer of the new template. When I opened this new file in Ch,

it worked one time and then would not work again. Attached is the complete

file as it exists in its non-operable form.

Yes, it appears that I attempted to form a complete puppet, but I did not.

All I want is for the camera to enable this shape to flex a bit, as if it

is only a face (the ap does not know the difference), move eyes and lips,

and lip sync. It did all the above one time. Thanks for taking a look. I

hope the fix is easy and simply an issue of my ignorance.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Dan Ramirez <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an attachment on the previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this link to the file works... Character Animator Project trump face w tweet bird (file://DESKTOP-7ODFNOF/Users/lakal/Dropbox/Character%20Animator%20Project%20trump%20face%20w%20tweet%20bird)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Kindly upload the file to a public site with a link, like Dropbox or Creative Cloud and embed the link into a forum message. That way we can download the puppet file. We cannot see any email attachments with our forum software.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this link to the file works... Character Animator Project trump face w tweet bird (file://DESKTOP-7ODFNOF/Users/lakal/Dropbox/Character%20Animator%20Project%20trump%20face%20w%20tweet%20bird)

Thanks to both Kevin and Dan, as well as anyone else who chips in with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no, that's not working. You would need to upload it somewhere for us to download.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded it to Dropbox and made it public, then copied the link and dropped it in my post above. What else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more try. This is a link to the file in Google drive: Character Animator Project trump face w tweet bird.chproj - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this file alone isn't enough. We need that file *and* the entire folder it's contained in. Or, we need the .puppet file. You can create one of those by selecting the puppet in the Project panel and choosing File>Export Puppet.

Using a green screen shouldn't be necessary, but without knowing more about your project, I'm a bit in the dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I also uploaded the full project file to creative cloud and made it public. That link is Character Animator Project trump face w tweet bird (file://DESKTOP-7ODFNOF/Users/lakal/Creative%20Cloud%20Files/Character%20Animator%20Project%20trump%20face%20w%20tweet%20bird)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well.  Sometimes it works, but mostly not.  I've followed the templates, took tutorials and it still does this. I'm on a trial from CC but this shouldn't happen anyway. Working on a Mac Pro. I have a feeling it has something to do with either the background, or labeling some how.  I'm going to try using a green screen as the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed my issue, no more disappearing head.  Green Screen it is for me, this way I can use any background later on. Sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am joining very late and it sounds like you have it fixed... but you mentioned green screen? Just wondering why not using transparencies (alpha channel). Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines