• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene not rendering in Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the new version of Chacracter Animator and the media encoder, and now I am unable to get scenes in CA to render.  They will appear to go through the render stages, but when the file completes, it's unusable. It shows as being a 1mb file, and there's nothing in it.  I've tried exporting as .mov and .mp4 and I keep running into the same instance.

Any ideas?  I'm running Windows (latest), and I have more than enough resources.  I've never run into a problem with this before and am curious if it's update related or something else.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same, or similar, problem rendering my Character Animator project in Media Encoder. It goes through process quickly, showing the preview, but ends before the status bar has reached completion. Viewing it in QuickTime Player, I see a still image.

I am using a Mac with the latest upgrades of OS and software programs. It is a very short clip with only eye blinks and lip syncing. About one minute or slightly longer. It worked fine just yesterday. I don't believe I changed any settings or file locations. Attached are images of settings I used yesterday and screen shot of rendering preview. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? Cursing and shaking my fist at computer are not working. :0 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't mean to brag, but, it was operator error. :0 (  

I ruled out a Media Encoder porblem by rendering an After Effects file. I went back to Character Animator and noticed I neglected to "Enable Work Area" under Timeline drop down menu. Only a small portion of the timeline was highlighted and that was the only portion to be rendered. It rendered the entire animation after enabling work area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines