• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene won't scale up to fit puppet

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've scaled up my puppet to 100% ready to export but when I try to increase the scale of the scene so he's in frame, the scene doesn't get any bigger it just moves up or across the page.

Anyone know what I'm missing or need to do? Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

There is a difference in scaling the scene window and scaling the puppet in the scene. I am wondering if you are scaling the scene window (zooming in for a closer look), but not actually changing the scene contents. I would set the scene panel scale to "Fit" and leave it there. I would go to the puppet in the timeline, click on it, then change the Scale value in the Transform behavior to change the size of the puppet in the scene. This is what will affect the Exported video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference in scaling the scene window and scaling the puppet in the scene. I am wondering if you are scaling the scene window (zooming in for a closer look), but not actually changing the scene contents. I would set the scene panel scale to "Fit" and leave it there. I would go to the puppet in the timeline, click on it, then change the Scale value in the Transform behavior to change the size of the puppet in the scene. This is what will affect the Exported video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, thanks for such a quick response. I am literally following Dave(okaysamurai) on you tube, step by step. I changed up to 100% in tranform-scale as that was the instruction on there to keep max detail for exporting to After Effects. He increases the height of the scene but when I do it it doesnt happen. I am currently trying to find the scale to 'fit' as you advised. Sorry, I really am slowly working my old brain through this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it was actually working all the time and I just couldn't see because on mine the increase in the scene size needed to be a lot more. I just needed to zoom right out to see. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi alank

I found 'Fit' and your advice was spot on. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines