Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubbing and walking

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!!!

I have recorded walking fo rmy character and I am working on eye gaze but whenever I go to scrub further down the timeline to get ot where I need the character walks off screen. It seems to be walking from where it is rather then walking to a specific position. I was trying to do the walking first so that I could have the pointing and eye gazes correct but it is not working easy that way. 

Any ideas???

Thank you!!!

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

I was going to check up on something after work, but heck! I would probably forget! 🙂

The walk behavior does not record the position in the timeline, just that it is walking or not. It relates to things like physics, as you can collide with physical objects and the character will stop moving forwards. So yeah, it keeps walking from where it was if you scrub the timeline.

One solution is to make the Walk behavior not update the X position of the character. I think it was Body Speed? Then you use

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to check up on something after work, but heck! I would probably forget! 🙂

The walk behavior does not record the position in the timeline, just that it is walking or not. It relates to things like physics, as you can collide with physical objects and the character will stop moving forwards. So yeah, it keeps walking from where it was if you scrub the timeline.

One solution is to make the Walk behavior not update the X position of the character. I think it was Body Speed? Then you use key framing to move the body (you animate Position X). That way the scrubbing of the timeline works, but you have to get the timing right to avoid the character looking like they are skating.

My hesitation is I thought I remembered something about adding the ability to sync the position so scrubbing would work. Was it "Position-based" instead of "Left/Right arrow keys"? Like if you change the position it would walk the direction needed? Ah, I think that was it. Don't use Left/Right arrow keys, use Position. Then if it moves fast enough it walks. Then you can scrub the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!!! 

Position based worked perfectly! I love the adobe communities. I work with multiple adobe products and there is always so much to learn from everyone!

Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines