• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubbing through the timeline with walking breaks

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Character Animator community! I'm working on a shot with a character in the middle of the screen and a foreground and background. The character in the middle has a walk cycle and can point right or left but has body speed set to 0% so she doesn't actually move. The foreground and background elements have walk cycles and have a body speed of -30%, with the foreground set to "run" and the background to "walk" so they move slightly different for paralax.

The effect works well, the issue is that from an editing standpoint I can't scrub the timeline and get an accurate look at the scene. If I scrub back and forth the background and foreground get out of alignment more and more, so the only way to accurately see how the scene will end up is to rewind to the beginning, refresh the scene and watch the whole thing at real time speed, which for a multi-minute scene can add up.

My question is, is this normal behavior, or am I doing something wrong? The foreground and background have "waist" tags on them so that they can have a walk behavior, and then the walk behavior has a body speed with 0% strength so it doesn't bounce.

TOPICS
Camera , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For situations like this, you may consider compositing your puppet and background in after effects and not Ch. You can lock down the walking movements of your puppet, and then have total control over the background moving in AE while being able to watch little snippets without restarting the scene. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer to your question is that it is normal. You cannot scrub walk behaviors. You can do things like what Kristin or use a blend in CH with Transform behavior. But yes, it is unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines