• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seamless facial tracking and hair movement

Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to create seamless facial movement with hair or other elements that respects the position of head/face movement. I was experimenting with the Chloe character and set her parallax to 600% or higher, which solved half of my problem.

What I noticed however is that Chloe's hair movement does not correspond to her facial movement, for example if I shift my face up or to the left the hair stays in the same place rather than scaling/rotating/positioning accordingly. Also her eyes, nose and mouth don't shrink vertically when I shift my head to an extreme direction.

I know I can create different angles for the face like the Wendigo model but for this character it would be too jerky and I need it to be smooth.

I am currently achieving this effect with the Joysticks n Sliders plugin for After Effects for my character's head animation, it's a great plugin but I'd rather achieve this effect without having to make keyframes.

Can this be achieved through Character Animator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?