• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeking Folder Organization Tips

Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between exercise files from Lynda and other tutorials, puppets and templates I've downloaded and created, and all the project folders and embedded assets folders I have the same characters' files copied in multiple folders. 

I've accidentally deleted work on puppets and source files more than once.

What is the recommended way to keep assets organized?

It looks like when I use a puppet or source (Illustrator/Photoshop) file it gets copied into the project folder (but I swear I saw one linked to the original folder as well) and I think I've made changes to that one and later wondered why they weren't in the original.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you import a puppet file, it copies the artwork into a gathered media folder. If you import an artwork file, it links directly to that file and edits are shared by everyone. There is a menu item from memory to gather media, which makes a copy of it.

When I started I did a bit of reading on this and wrote up a blog post for my own usage. When I finished my second episode I did a follow up post. These are pretty old now, but reading both posts might spark some thoughts for planning out your own project structure. I think the most important thing is to think it through then be consistent. I think that is more important that the exact directory names etc you use. https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/02/08/project-structure-update/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines