• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Up foot Pedals with MIDI function

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Livestreaming with my puppet using a Midi Keyboard next to my own to run its triggers. However It would really help my live stream to have some of my triggers connected to footpedals. Actual MIDI footpedals are expensive so I purchased a set of OLLGEN USB footpedals https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M9TXWV2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Which supposedly support MIDI keys, but for whatever reason Adobe Character animator isn't picking them up (When I set up the MIDI keys there it says it needs to paired with other software so that whole MIDI Key thing advertise is a bit SUS in my opinion) But thats offtopic. I'm curious if anyone else who uses character animator knows a way to set up USB footpedals to be recognized as MIDI tools so they can trigger Character animator? If there is some third party software or driver that can convert them would be helpful. Thanks. 

TOPICS
How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The description on amazon sounds like it comes with software to program the device to make it do different things, include send midi events. There are also command and note events https://www.noterepeat.com/articles/how-to/213-midi-basics-common-terms-explained. Some events are on/off, others are like a slider with a value. I suspect you have to program your device using provided software to generate an event that adobe ch will understand. I know note events work, but i don't recall if ch will listen to command events...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the software it comes with is only able to produce Note commands, which don't seem to be picked up by character animator. are there any alternate softwares that could take the note command and spit it out as a Note event? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notes should work - it was the control change commands that i was not sure about. How do you know if the device is sending midi note events? Eg can you get something else to listen and play a note when you press a foot pedal?

I wrote this from playing a few years back if helpful https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/09/28/midi-and-adobe-character-animator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keys are detected on Piano 10, but they don't play anything and keys just stay stuck pressed down, and pressing them again, doesn't push them back up its strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is it is generating note on events when you push it but not note off events when you release. Also the velocity (volume) might be zero. That may be fine for ch - it does not care about volume, and if a swapset the next note on will turn off the previous trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used translation software, so I may not have understood your question exactly.

I have never used that product.
As far as I can tell from the Amazon page you linked to
It states

This usb foot switch keyboard mouse control foot pedal is equivalent to a standard USB keyboard and mouse with one key, the key can be defined through the supporting software as keyboard,mouse,multimedia.game,string,macro definition and MIDI function.

Have you used the supporting software to control it?
If it works fine, you can assign keys to the pedals just like you would on a PC keyboard.
If it doesn't work as a MIDI controller, try that.

By the way, does that USB Foot Pedal work fine with other applications?
Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard functions work fine with other programs but the MIDI controls seem to be iffy. I tried using Piano 10 with an assigned midi Key but the key just stays stuck pressed down. Like the note is continous. What translation software do you use by chance. If possible i could convert keyboard strokes or macros into MIDI Notes that would work too I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the foot controller behaves like a PC keyboard,
Is it possible to assign keyboard keys to a foot switch?
For example, "A" on the right, "S" in the center, and "D" on the left?
Can it be used as a regular keyboard trigger, not as a MIDI keyboard?

P.S.

The reason why the keyboard does not return on Piano 10
MIDI note-off information may not have been received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes it can be configured to do normal keyboard keys. That might be the reason why Piano 10 isn't working with the MIDI notes I wonder if thats why character animator doesn't pick them up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines