Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to replace existing puppets

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have already created a puppet, however I would like my puppet to have all the 'Chole puppet' features. Is there a quick way or shortcut whereby I can just take the head of my puppet and place onto Chloe's body without doing much rigging, triggers etc?

If not, is there another shortcut? 

Thank you,

Jon

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not always an option, and it sometimes produces unexpected results, but if you can edit the puppet (right-click on the puppet's name and select edit original), then you can simply replace the Chloe head with your own files. (take care to duplicate the layer names where possible).

The reason this is not always possible is because the original puppet files might not be available for editing. Also, any changes to the size/width of the contents of a layer when editing can cause errors in the rigging. With that in mind, in might just be easier to start over with new rigging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply, I'll try it and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines