• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shoulder arms will not attach correctly. Got screenshots to show

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 11.52.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-31 at 11.52.37 AM.pngWhat am I doing wrong? The auto attachment is on as well so what gives. I've placed the "origin" in all different positions but no luck. 

Please assist and thanks.

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is you have chopped the arms off the main body so there is not much overlap. What I think you need to do is make the torso / chest look good without the arms. Then have complete arms with a full U shape at the end that overlaps the body. Sometimes I even put a circle on the torso the width of the upper arm at the shoulders (so half a circle sticks out where the arm joins. I then set the origin point to the center of the circle.

Think of it like two piecces of paper - one for the torso, one for the arm. You then swivel the arm at the origin point so it rotates. If there is not much overlap it looks bad as you will get a gap between the arm and the body. If the two layers of artwork have more overlap it looks more natural.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks...that helped. Going forward, I’ll take those types of things in consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines