• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shoulders not working properly ?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, w have a proejct where want to mimic real movement expressions, shoulders are a big part of that,in other software i could just make the collarbone for the articulation of the shoulde to to help mimic this movement. but in character animator i cannot seem to make this work. is there a way to do this (for production reasons i cannot share my file unfortunaly)  I hope anyone cna help me

Cheers Benny

shoulder.png

TOPICS
Bugs , Feature requests , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're using body tracking with this? Check to make sure that those parts are actually being tracked. Expand the "Tracked Handles" attribute in the Body behavior and make sure that you're tracking the shoulders (there will be a check mark). By default, the shoulders and elbows aren't being tracked.

Probably unrelated, but I noticed some parts of your puppet mesh that are far outside of the puppet itself. You need to check your original for hidden parts that need to be deleted. They could be interfering with your animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my main setup ATM:

bennyr_0-1652361050973.png 

in the body i only track the head, neck and waist, i also used to have the shoulders track in here, but that gave me crazy deformations on my arms (it also didnt give me any shoulder movement, so i didnt track it here)

bennyr_1-1652361099673.png

i turned off the overall body tracking  because i wanted i better control over the arms and the head was squashing to  much with the global control

SO i put a seperate behavior on the arm 

bennyr_2-1652361215001.png

and also tracking seperatly ( if i turn on the tracking of the shoulders here, then my arm will roam freely)

bennyr_3-1652361242895.png

So you are indeed right that i need to track my shoulders, but i cannot see mto find the right setup that give my shoulder the movement that im searching for.

Also my tags : 

bennyr_4-1652361575344.png

bennyr_5-1652361712743.png

The hidden parts where some additional triggers that could pop up, but deleted them for now for problem solving issues 😄 , thanks in advance for the fast reply i know it isnt easy without the original file to guess how to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little trick that can help at times is to put a dragger on the middle of the chest, then record a tiny drag for that handle (just enough to register the movement, not to actually do any movement). That will then fix that position for the duration of the drag. Other movements (like the shoulders) can end up more exaggerated as a result. But you would need to experiment with it - it could also look stupid (warp badly), and you would not be able to move the puppet from side to side.

Positioning sticks can also be useful to affect how the character warps and bends (e.g. along top of shoulders on both sides) so it does not bend half way across shoulders - it bends more towards middle of chest - again it can highlight the should moves visually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines