Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show and Tell: Hand Gestures with Leap Motion

Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, friends.

I've been wondering for a while if it was possible to use the Leap Motion Controller to trigger keyboard triggered hand gestures.  So I found a cheap one on ebay and whipped up this little experiment:

This uses a third-party app called gamewave that allows for highly customized mapping of gestures to actions.  For this test, all i did was set it to detect when each hand was moving upward and simulate a keyboard press, whcih then triggered a simple forward/reverse layer cycle.

With more experimentation, I think a lot more is possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - awesome! What a great idea. Didn't you ask me about this like a few days ago...and now you already have something up and running? Really impressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, after you and I shmoozed about it I couldn't get it out of my head.  This is obviously not the most elegant implementation, just a proof of concept.

The next thing rattling around in my head is using a Makey Makey hooked up to various props to trigger actions in Ch.  That's kind of an unnecessarily elaborate alternative to just putting stickers on your keyboard,  but it might be useful for live broadcasts with actors who aren't used to Ch and keyboard triggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow - that would be cool too - keep us posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo!! Had to look twice at your demo this is really a push forward! Thank you for sharing this! Keep up the good work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow wow super good...please go on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very cool. Did you ever do more experiments with this? Super interested in this for live streaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have full body tracking now: https://youtu.be/gWBLAcTWH5Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines