• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

simple 2 mouth cycle question

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im making a simple character and instead of doing all the mouth visimes, I want to just have the mouth go from a "closed mouth" image to an "open mouth" image whenever there is sound. Can anyone tell me how to do this? The only thing I can think of is setting up a trigger key, but i don't want to sit there tapping a key... i want it to work with the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

I would go with mark’s second option if you want it triggered by sound. Note that in the Mouth layer I think you could tag the closed mouth with “Neutral” then tag the open mouth position with *all* the other viseme Tag’s. That is, you don’t need to duplicate it per viseme - one layer can be tagged multiple times in the tag panel.

You might also like to look at nutcracker jaw which just moves a layer up and down (lower jaw moves up and down). I think the bongo sample puppet demoed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can think of two ways that might work for you.

1. Create a two framed trigger animation, with a cycle layers behavior set to looping, then you can just press the button when there is sound and let go where there isn't.

2. You could just place the two variations of mouth movements in place of the normal visemes art(layers) that correlate each mouth movement.

Then you can just import the audio and compute the lip sync from the audio.

Hope that helps!

cheers,mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go with mark’s second option if you want it triggered by sound. Note that in the Mouth layer I think you could tag the closed mouth with “Neutral” then tag the open mouth position with *all* the other viseme Tag’s. That is, you don’t need to duplicate it per viseme - one layer can be tagged multiple times in the tag panel.

You might also like to look at nutcracker jaw which just moves a layer up and down (lower jaw moves up and down). I think the bongo sample puppet demoed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats awesome, so what would i put specifically for the open mouth layer name, just “all” or “all visimes”?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH uses the tags, not layer names. So the layer names can be anything you like. However there is a really convenient “auto-tagged” that assigns tags for you based on layer names - which is why layer names match tag names most of the time.

In your case, call the layers anything you like (under the same mouth layer), but the go to the properties panel and add all the viseme tags by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example screen shot for illustration purposes. I still called the parent "Mouth" to get autotagged, I still called the closed mouth "Neutral" to get autotagged, but I then put lots of tags on the other mouse position (in this example I have "smile" but yours would be "open" or similar). You might want to remove "smile" in your case, or else if you smile with webcam on the puppet will open the mouth. Surprise is another that is driven from expression on webcam, not sound, but that one makes sense to tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second Alan's suggestion to look at the nutcracker jaw. It provides more control features -- degree of flappiness depending on audio volume, and three movement options. And you can still use either live audio input, or audio files in the scene. Just turn on the mic, and hit record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines