• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sitting Character floating

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, animation almost complete except for the floating issue.  Character is sitting.  Rigging to feet, head and arms, all working find.  Followed online tutorials to create Frontal layer, I have various fixed handles in place.  What else can I do? TIA

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Thanks! Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AUUIVBqtvhkC4qN3kdNXCnqLZEo72lXn/view?usp=sharing

Doing the extra head pivot hack like you did (two head tags) makes things a little more complex than usual. The main problem was having a lot of thing independent that didn't need to be. I also removed Limb IK as it didn't seem to be adding anything to the way your character was rigged. There's still a little movement on the bottom that could be fixed, but overall the floatiness should be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A floating character is usually because there are no fixed handles on the legs, or the legs/body are independent.

If it persists, could you take a screenshot of your Rig mode or File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, please find link to onedrive:

https://ntschoolsau-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/clare_james_ntschools_net/EYcvYpO9GPdNk7hkZot8T...

any insight would be very much appreciated.  its mybfirst attempt at a very simple puppet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AUUIVBqtvhkC4qN3kdNXCnqLZEo72lXn/view?usp=sharing

Doing the extra head pivot hack like you did (two head tags) makes things a little more complex than usual. The main problem was having a lot of thing independent that didn't need to be. I also removed Limb IK as it didn't seem to be adding anything to the way your character was rigged. There's still a little movement on the bottom that could be fixed, but overall the floatiness should be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super Star!  

Thank you, I very much appreciate your time and attention to my little issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines