• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smoke cycle layers not working

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get a sprite animation of smoke playing when I trigger it. Rather it plays everything all at once in one final image rather than as an animation as you can see in the image below on top of the head.

contentcreator30_0-1599271897264.png

These are the settings I have for the smoke layer.

contentcreator30_1-1599271928068.png

contentcreator30_2-1599271989013.png

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried to switch the layer order from top to bottom and bottom to top but it still doesn't work.

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the surface it looks correct. You have not made a silly little mistake like putting the artwork in the final group by accident? 

Things I would try - change the frame rate, click the refresh button in the scene window (then repeat with SHIFT and ALT) - it flushes some caches, try hold on last frame. I assume you don't have multiple profiles? Try hiding the group so trigger turns it on. Try exporting and importing the puppet is another way to refresh the definition.

As I said, it looks fine, but nobody has reported a real bug with cycle layers in a long time, so it feels solvable. Feel free to share the puppet if you get stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean by:

"You have not made a silly little mistake like putting the artwork in the final group by accident? "

I ended up getting it to work somehow and swapped the smoke with flames. It appears to be some bug I believe. At first, the cycle layers wouldn't work and I would get a combined image, then next after playing around with it, the trigger wouldn't work, then when I removed it, the cycle layers would work with my facial trigger, then after adding it into a separate trigger, it now works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines