• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some tags are highlighted, some are not

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm starting to play around with with the blank character. I noticed some tags are highighted in the tags pane and some are not (see screenshots). For example in the face the left pupil and left pupil size are highlighted on the right pane, where right elbow and right wrist are not. Will this affect functionality at all? Thanks!

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

I think the difference is one the tags are on handles on the layer (see the number "4" on the layer? that shows the layer has 4 handles added), the other the tags are on the layer itself (the origin marker) rather than a handle added to the layer.

Tagging layers rather than handles on layers does behave differently at times. E.g. a dragger via a handle will cause different stretching than putting it on the original marker. When looking for a tag such as "Head" which has children tags that it loo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had not noticed that before. As long as the tags are shown in your rigging, it will work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the difference is one the tags are on handles on the layer (see the number "4" on the layer? that shows the layer has 4 handles added), the other the tags are on the layer itself (the origin marker) rather than a handle added to the layer.

Tagging layers rather than handles on layers does behave differently at times. E.g. a dragger via a handle will cause different stretching than putting it on the original marker. When looking for a tag such as "Head" which has children tags that it looks for, it should be on the layer origin. If you add a Head tag to a handle on a layer, it won't find children (handles don't have any children) - that one should be on the layer itself. (If you single click on a handle like elbow you would see the tags on that handle)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines