• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some tools not working in Illustrator when using puppet file

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more of an annoyance than anything.  I build my characters onto the Illustrator file that came with one of the premade character puppets, using it as a kind of a template with the mouth visemes, etc., already in place.

For some reason, once I started doing this, the knife and lasso tools (possibly others) don't work on my shapes when working in that Illustrator document.  Try to slice with the knife tool, nothing slices.  Try to select with the lasso tool, nothing selects.  I can copy the shapes onto a new document and the tools work normally.  So there's some kind of setting in that document that I would like to turn off.  Any gurus know how to do this?  Anything to save time. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Animator does not modify Illustrator files to my knowledge, or change Illustrator behavior in any way. It just reads the output files. I suspect its just something about Illustrator you are not used to (like "smart objects" or something). E.g. you may need to have the right layer selected before slicing things will work. Character Animator requires deep nesting of layers in Illustrator files (so it can recognize body parts) - other than that there is nothing special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This appears to be an AI problem, not CH, since CH does not have an impact on AI. You might want to ask your question in the AI forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines