• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes File > Close is disabled

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read a couple of discussions about closing projects, but I could not find one that answers the following question:

Why is File > Close sometimes active, and sometimes grayed out?

The answer is not in the User Guide.

Thank you.

TOPICS
FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

File > Close is enabled when you have the Scene or Puppet panels active (blue border). These panels can have multiple scenes or puppets opened into the panel, and Close closes the currently showing one and reveals the most-recently open one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Close is enabled when you have the Scene or Puppet panels active (blue border). These panels can have multiple scenes or puppets opened into the panel, and Close closes the currently showing one and reveals the most-recently open one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add: there is no explicit close-project command. Instead you just open another project, or create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that is what I wanted to know.

All of the other dozens of Windows apps I use have a File > Close function, which gives me visual confirmation that I have finished one working file and am ready to start another one. If I just open another project or create a new one over the top of an open file, I don't have that visual confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines