• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes only records audio when it should be recording more.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys.

Do you have any idea why Adobe Character Animator sometimes records movement and lip sync etc and why sometimes it doesn't?

Sometimes I have it with eye gaze, face, keyboard triggers and lip sync on but dragger off and I record it and I can see it moving while I record (it moves with me the whole time) but then after recording it is clear it only recorded the audio and nothing else and I then have to go "compute lip sync from scene audio" but that means I have to go in and spend time moving my eyes around etc and it is hard to know if it is natural as it isn't the expressions I just naturally did while recording.

Other times I do it with the same settings and it records perfectly and I can't see what I am doing differently.

Does anyone know why it would be doing this and how to fix it so that it always records when I tell it to, rather than only recroding the audio?

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Yeah - that's definitely a bug then - I've never seen something like this before. Does this only happen when doing the intensive game + CH setup, or also when you're just using CH by itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, if the microphone icon under the webcam is on, audio will be recorded. If you don't want more audio input, just toggle that mic off.

But if something is armed (red dot next to it) and you're not seeing a recording, that sounds like a bug. If this persists, is it possible to send us a screen video of what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the second situation where the things are armed but it doesn't record.  While recroding it moves to suit what is going on like it is recording but then the only recroding once I press stop is audio and everythign else is deleted.  I will be recording more today and will see how it goes.  Both a game will be playing at the same time and screen capture will be working on the game though so I won't also be able to screencapture what CA is doings as it will probably start to get a little demanding with so much going on.  If I have the same issue though, afterwards I will try to record it playing up.  What is unusual though is that sometimes it plays up and other times it doesn't, and afaik I'm not doing anything differently. 

This video here: CP The Beginning - Skyrim #1 (Carrie Plays) - YouTube  had these issues.  It seemed like it would record everything except for the draggers (which I deliberately did separately) but only recorded the audio so I had to watch the lets play afterwards and look at what I would have assumed I would have looked at etc and it greatly increased the amount of time recording took, unfortunately. 

I'll let you know how this next recording goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - that's definitely a bug then - I've never seen something like this before. Does this only happen when doing the intensive game + CH setup, or also when you're just using CH by itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has done it both while combining with the game and on its own.  The recording I did yesterday though worked fine.  I'll bring it up again if it happens again but it all appears to have gone smoothly this time around.

If you want to know anything else about it to try to make it so this bug doesn't occur again though, just ask. 

I'm not sure if I can be much help though. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines