• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specifying multiple handles for "Eye Gaze" and "Face" behaviors

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a puppet with multiple expressions, for which I wanted to specify multiple sets of eyes, brows and mouths to swap between. Having multiple mouth sets works fine with the Lip Sync behavior. However, it seems that the "Eye Gaze" and "Face" behaviors only detect the top most elements tagged with their respective handles (only one for each handle).

For example, in the "Face" behavior, under Handles > Left Eyebrow, only one element is listed despite having tagged multiple elements. Moreover, the "Rigging Issues" panel lists all other tagged elements as "Handle tagged as Left Eyebrow not being used by any behaviors."

Is there a way to specify multiple handles for "Eye Gaze" and "Face"?

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Thanks for the reply! Your article was very helpful.

Since the "Eye Gaze" and "Face" behaviors only admit one element for tagging things such as "eyebrows", "pupil", "eye", etc. Variants can be managed by tagging a single Group which contains the different expressions for these handles. That way, each handle references only one element, while swapping can be managed within sub-groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different solutions -for example you can add multiple behaviors, one per expression.

Here is how I did it on some puppets, which was to create different forms of eye lids, pupils, etc (that is, i out the alternatives inside the different key parts). Look for the section on the page talking about emotions. There is not right and wrong here, that is just how i chose to do it. https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Your article was very helpful.

Since the "Eye Gaze" and "Face" behaviors only admit one element for tagging things such as "eyebrows", "pupil", "eye", etc. Variants can be managed by tagging a single Group which contains the different expressions for these handles. That way, each handle references only one element, while swapping can be managed within sub-groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be aware it was written a few years ago now - it may be inaccurate in some areas now as the product has been improving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines