• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stan and his ears

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just loving the new features of CA 2018!

I have to say my favorite new feature is the use of clipping masks and what that can bring to the model. Amazing!

So, I downloaded the Stan character from Dave's website (thanks for offering those examples!)

I've watched the YouTube video showing off the new features. I'm able to release the mask and reattach it, but I still don't get how the ears work.

I've looked at it in Photoshop and don't see anything there.

I do see the face behavior added to the ears... but all the numbers within that behavior look pretty normal.

What am I missing? How does that reverse effect get created?

Many thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is a weird hack. I added the Face behavior to the ears, turned the parallax up, and in the layer properties made the X scale -100. That way the ears will move in the opposite direction they're supposed to. In the future we hope to have easier ways to do parallax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's it!

Thank you, Dave.

How did you get past the head tilt problem?

It doesn't seem to be connected to the ear's behavior (Head tilt strength)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I make the Y scale -100 as well as the x scale and that fixed my ears so that they match when the head tilts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd though... when I hadn't taken the time to tag the character's eyes yet, the parallax on the head (set to 500%) worked quite nicely. Good movement and range, from left to right.

But then, after I tagged the eyes (making them blink and defining the pupils) I lost my range of parallax. Now, If I bump it up to 1000% (the highest allowed) I still only get a rather subtle parallax effect.

Wondering how the Stan character kept all that good left/right movement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget that last part.

That's just me screwing things up. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines