• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop moving arms while walking

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I've created a character in Adobe Character Animator and I'm using the walking function, but since my character has a strange shape the arms look wobbly and inconsistent with the character's body. Is there a way that I can enable the walking function but prevent the arms from moving with it?

I've turned Arm Swing and Elbow Bend to 0% under the Walk behavior on the properties panel but they still move. I would like them to remain static and only the legs moving. 

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Try removing the wrist and elbow (and maybe shoulder) tags. That is how it understands what arms are. Without the tags it won't know what the arms are so won't move them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the wrist and elbow (and maybe shoulder) tags. That is how it understands what arms are. Without the tags it won't know what the arms are so won't move them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I removed wrist and elbow tags but left the shoulder tags and the movement is even better than I expected! You will get that extra stretch in the arms that you prevent with using the tags but you win some, you lose some. It looks great how it is. 

Thank you so much! You really are a people's champ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines