• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stupid newbie question

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been slowly learning how to use this software for the past week. What is the best way to animate the eyebrows if you dont have a webcam? keyframing? triggers? dragger? Or is there something else im missing? Thanks for the input. Any links to blogs or videos on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jacob

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a stupid question at all. I often turn webcam off for eyebrows to stop jitter. I personally normally use triggers and swap sets. I just replace the default position with an "expression" trigger (happy, angry, sad, etc). That is, I control the eyes, mouth, and eyebrows with the same trigger (anything that needs to change for that expression).

I am a bit lazy - I just replace them (no animation to the new position). You can use cycle layers to do intermediate positions if you want, but because I do an immediate swap of eye shape and mouth shape, I do an immediate swap of the eyebrows at the same time.

I personally don't like using draggers as I find them not sufficiently accurate/precise. You can use Replays if you want to do a more complex animation and replay it multiple times later the same way. Then keyframes might be useful. But I personally use triggers and swapsets as then I can easily reshape and position the eyebrows directly in Illustrator/Photoshop to get exactly what I want. I just found that easier than trying to control rotation etc inside CH lined up with draggers etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines