Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swap lower arm only to show at the fornt

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a female character and her arms are made up of seperate upper and lower arm sections. If I create a Swap set of her arms so that the arms can go to the front the upper arms also come forward and it looks wrong. Has anyone figured out a way to keep the upper arms in the same place and the lower arms can show in front of the Character?

Cheers

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit tricky. Could you show a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy you are using? Whether you are using independence or not makes a big difference too for example if you want to use draggers. A screenshot of the rigging hierarchy can answer lots of these little questions in one go.

There is not a single approach that works for all puppets, but there are patterns more likely to work. Whether the artwork works well with independent or dependent arm layers can make a big difference to the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cheers, I'll take another look to see what is possible. I do not use the dragger option for this project but it is rigged for it. I am using controls and triggers to show hand and arm positions with cycle layers for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines