Switch scene during livestream

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plan on live streaming myself gaming using Character Animator and OBS. I'd like my game to be on my main monitor and OBS on my second monitor. I have a MIDI keyboard set up to CH so I can use triggers when the application is minimized. For CH I'd like just two scenes. One scene with many elements (characters, background, props...) as a hangout intermission scene. The other scene will have just my character scaled down in the bottom right corner as an overlay while I'm gaming. Is it possible to switch scenes with a MIDI hotkey? This would be great because it would be better performance while I game! (One puppet. Less layers) My other option is to only use one scene and use a triggers to hide everything and keyframe/replay my character to the corner for gamemode. I don't know if the performance would change though since it's the same big complex puppet.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't recall MIDI being able to flip scenes. But I wanted to point out another option - one scene with multiple puppets all active at the same time (and all listening to MIDI events). That is, you don't have to put it in the one puppet - you can have multiple puppets listening for triggers etc at the same time. E.g. "L" and "R" keyboard triggers play a replay on a background image which jumps it lef/right sideways (I wonder if you can add behaviors to the camera object? - then the replay ccan change the camera zoom factor for example), or add two backgrounds one in front of the other - a latch trigger is attached to the background image in front to hide/reveal it.

With Zooming the camera, I suspect you will need two trigger keys and a replay. Note that zooming the camera is what I would recommend if you can do that (not near software to try right now) as transposing the character can make the hair bounce around.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines