• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swooping Bald Eagle Animation

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm a newbie to CH and I want to create a swooping eagle character, but not sure where to start?
Is there a place where I can find an eagle that I can animate or do I have to start from scratch? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some sample puppets around, but most people create their own artwork. I hear of fewer people doing animals, so you may be, um, flying into uncharted territories (sorry! Could not resist!).

In particular, are you thinking of a frontal view, side view, etc.  I did a butterfly once, but basically I drew several frames then used a “cycle layer” to go between them for the butterfly flying, sort of like flipping through flip cards.

Put simply, Ch animates by moving and warping layers, or replacing them. So if the images you have in mind cannot be warped between frames, you probably need to use replacement images. E.g. if side view of eagle flying, and you sometimes want to see under the wings (flap up) and other on top of the wings (flap down) then Ch cannot use warping for that (unless you come up with a clever approach). CH does more like bending arms, then replacing images for different hand positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines