• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The arm is moving independently leaving the hands behind.

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue with my puppet's arms. Draggables move everything that's on the same layer, but since my hands aren't on the same layer as the arms, the draggable is only working with the arms and the hands get left behind. The issue would probably get fixed if I put the hands on the same layer as the arms, but since I want to make a swap set with the hands and don't want the arms to disappear with them, they need to stay on different layers. I use Illustrator to edit the vector file if that changes anything
     Is there a way to fix this? 

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal solution is to create a child group within the arms layers, so the set of alternative hands live inside the arm. You then put the swapset on the "Hand Positions" group.

.. Body

.. .. Left Arm

.. .. .. (left arm artwork)

.. .. .. Hand Positions (with swap set added)

.. .. .. .. Fist

.. .. .. .. Wave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I'll try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines