• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The character 'Martin' how to get Triggers to move hands playing the guitar?

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a question, in CM, how would you use the Triggers to move hands playing the guitar? with character 'Martin', when you play music, it would be handy to use Triggers to move his hand to play the guitar.

Thanks...

great software

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just replace the current layer for the hands with a new layer, move the current hands inside that new layer, then create different hand positions as siblings to the old hands. Then create a swapset of the different hand positions with triggers to display the non-default hand positions.

You can do funky things like use the auto-blink behavior.

My attempt using swapsets can be found at the end of this blog post - scroll right down to the end: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alank,

you did a great job with helen, and her music skills are excellent. i will give this ago, tonight see how it will end up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found using blends for body movements works much better with music - you can control it much better than draggers. The lag for me made timing hard to get right otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create different hand positions, you mean in photoshop, you need to make new frame by frame 'new and positions'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew 3 or 4 hand positions in Illustrator/Photoshop (cannot remember how many) and attached triggers. I then just hit triggers at random in time with the music. The only tricky part was getting the arm behind the neck of the guitar and the fingers in front, but Martin probably comes with that set up already. If not, drop a line, I will dig up that puppet and see how I did it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another possible option is to record Dragger-positioned hands as takes that you then use for replays that you can trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines