• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The eyebrows no longer work when I add inbetweens to the head turn

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a character that has a mask but no eyebrows and I want to use my eyebrows to distort the mask like eyebrows.

the puppet has two sides, Front and 3Quart Left. I rigged the mask the same way as an eyebrow and it works well.

So, I added 2 inbeetween to each of the faces to make a smoother head turn, which gives me 2 x 3 heads, when I added the two inbeetween, I copied and pasted the bones of the mask on the two Inb. This is where it makes the error, there is only the first inb that works, the second does not work and the final image (Which is the original, the one I rigged first and which I copied the bones to paste them on the other Inb) of the side no longer works.

I have checked that the 6 eyebrows/masks are rigged in the same way with the same values.

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the cycle layers property (enabling the inbetweens) is disrupting things. In theory, it would override any settings you were tracking. I don't know if you would have better luck using parallax on your head turns - it might be difficult with that cucumber slice on the side of the head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Parallax is an interesting idea. I think oksamurai had a recent (updated) video on that

My guess is the face behavior is finding the first set of eyebrows and ignoring the rest. To check, look in the Face behavior and expand the views and handles sections. It lists the layers it found. If all the in between layers are not there then that is the problem. Fixing might not be easy... not sure. I would check out the parallax option first as it might give you more control and fix the problem at the same time.

not all artwork can leverage parallax, but yours might be able to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines