the head is also the body issue

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have a puppet of an egg with hands, eyes , and mouth on the egg.
I set the egg will be the head, and everything is going well, except the problem that the egg(head) is floating like a fish in the sea.
I want to fix the bottom of the egg to the floor, when I put the fixed tool at the bottom of the egg, it doesn't fixed, still the same.
I suppose it's because the egg is tagged as an head, but I have to tag it as an head because the rig needs to be controled by my face.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you share a screenshot of the rigging panel? I am surprised that putting a pin on the root layer of the puppet did not work.

Please highlight the layer that the pin has been put on as well. If the pin is on the wrong layer it won’t work.

Normally I pin the feet so the body can sway. Note you can always create an invisible body layer (draw a rectangle that overlaps with the head, but hide it in CH). You can then attach the head to the invisible body if desired. I suspect it will not be needed, but it is an approach.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines