• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is my first puppet and the arms won't move

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run out of ideas to fix my puppets arms. The arms won't move. I put sticks in. I put a draggable handle and the arms just pull the body and distort it.

I used a template puppet to build this puppet.

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

space guy.JPGarms file.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which template did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Rameriz. I tried him before and his arms worked but this template they do not work.  I have a touch screen laptop and it and the mouse don't work.

I'm not sure what I should do.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the Ramirez template I have and see one difference with what you posted above. That is the + sign on the left arm. This will make a difference when you drag the arm, but what the rest of your puppet layers look like, and how it's rigged in Character Animator will also affect the dragging. If you want to post a screencap of your puppet distortion, and more detail on the rigging, we could perhaps be more specific on how to fix it.

This is what it looks like for me without the + sign when I drag the left arm -- some body distortion but seems pretty natural

Ram1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it distorts like the photo you put up.

I can see the tags are not probably placed so I'm trying to move the tags but they won't move.

I saw Dave's snowman on his tip video and I can see I need to get the tags right.

So I'm trying to figure out the tags right now.

Thanks for checking into this.  I did, get my tie dangling so that was a good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For draggable arms, the only tag you really need is "draggable."

Make sure everything is inside a "Body" group that is inside your "+Character" master folder.

Make sure you've added a draggable handle on the arm group itself near the hand.

Make sure the arm is independent and stapled to the body.

Try setting the attach style to hinge.

If you do all of these, the body should not get pulled at all - independence means things work/move on their own. I'd also check Chloe from the Start workspace as a good example of this - her arms are pretty simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, I made the changes and the arms are working now.  I now need to work on the eyes and then my character should be good to start recording animation.

Thanks--just getting started--really enjoying this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , I'm looking for this above charcter in the picture, please tell me from where you got this puppet . is this downloadable for free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it for free from Okay Samurai's website here: Okay Samurai Puppets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much !

--

Thanks & Regards,
Pranita B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines