• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This Project is too old error

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have suffered what seems to be a pretty catastrophic loss to my Ch project, upon opening I get 'sorry, this project is too old to open in this version of the app (no git refs found with version information). I've had several messages during my attempts to fix the problem, all mentioning libgit2 and the like. I think the issue stems from the project living in my CC folder and from what I've read, this can cause issues if a component file becomes out of a sync.

Have tried:

Reinstalling Ch
Rolling back to previous versions of the file (even my oldest version has the same problem)
Disabling file sync

Additionally, I'm getting the same After Effects dynamic link project error when trying to work with an Ae project that references the Ch file, as discussed here:

AE cannot connect to CA dynamic link

Would really appreciate any pointers on how I can recover my project!

Gareth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue. I have 8 project files that I created in the same week and there is only 1 that I cannot open.character_animator_errorcode.png

One odd thing that it does, is that it opens the previously opened project file, and that previously opened file can vary. I have these all stored on a OneDrive synced local folder and I wonder if OneDrive has corrupted anything? I even zipped it the day I last worked on it, and unzipping the file yields the same error upon opening. How do I recover this project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines