Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiny puppet in camera system

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to follow the instructions from the movie Character Animator Tips & Tricks (December 2016) - where Dave is showing how to create a multi-view camera system to add variation to your compositions, and switch using triggers. Dave has this effect in the most recent Advanced Rigging movie too, and it looks great.

I think I've followed this to the letter, and the puppet looks perfect in each of the 3 views in Puppet mode - but when I switch to the scene to try to record, my puppet is tiny - i.e. the size it would be in the full shot. I've placed this puppet in each of the 3 views, and changed its scale to match each - full, mid and close up, and set triggers, and set them as a swap set. The triggers work ok - but the puppet never changes size with the backgrounds - it just stays tiny. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Ahhhh - I've answered my own issue. Newbie error, as always.

In changing the size of my puppet, at some point I mistakenly changed the scale in the Behaviors section, rather than the Layer controls - and then when I attempted to change the Layer controls as well, it resulted in a shrunken puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh - I've answered my own issue. Newbie error, as always.

In changing the size of my puppet, at some point I mistakenly changed the scale in the Behaviors section, rather than the Layer controls - and then when I attempted to change the Layer controls as well, it resulted in a shrunken puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It's a coincidence but the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad you got it working and shared the update about what made it work for you.

Give us a shout if you get any other issue. We'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines