• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To create a trigger or not to create a trigger...that is the question

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bit of a conundrum.. I've created a character that I want to have some different arm movements. I created triggers for the animated arms and they work FANTASTIC. However, I also want my starting arms to be draggable. After adding the animated triggers into my arm group..the draggle arms distort terribly! How do I approach this issue? Create one puppet with only triggered arms and a separate puppet with draggable ones? Or is there some other solution. Please advise.

Thanks much! Having SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us how you have the arm groups set up? Perhaps a screen cap of the rig panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they're distorting weird then most likely a) they're not independent or included in a bigger mesh/group that is being calculated as part of the artwork, b) they're set to rectangle or auto instead of contour under layer mesh in the right properties, and/or c) they're missing sticks, staples, or other hallmarks of a normal arm.

To me it sounds like you want to put your draggable arms in their own independent group and create a system where you're key trigger switching between either draggable arms or cycled arms. The upcoming July tips video will actually show one way to do this (and how to switch between arms going in front or in back of a puppet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I looked at the mesh and the draggable arm's mesh incorporates the triggered arms with it. If I put the triggered arm animation in its own group how will it know to hide the draggable arm? As a test, I dragged the triggered arm group out of the arm group and left them in the body group....it hid the entire body when triggered (since its in the body group). I look forward to the July video because that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Is there any way you can help me in the meanwhile??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up only covering draggable arms going front/back, but this should still help: https://youtu.be/RPF0K5Dg8X8?t=9m13s

Basically you need to set up some kind of system like that shows where you're swapping between blank / normal states. So instead of front / back in that video, imagine if it was draggable / cycled you were swapping between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines