• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toes Pinned/Fixed When They Shouldn't Be

Contributor ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a handle to the toes of my puppet's (independent) legs and tag them as toes, even though it's not a pin and not fixed, the toe cannot be moved along with the draggable ankle. The toes do move when the Walk behavior is used. How can I make the toes stop pinning?

I have Limb IK and ground detection armed but not Initial Foot Pinning.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting Walk’s Strength parameter to 0%. That should let you drag the ankle without Walk holding the toe in place. Assuming that works, you can choose between drag-control and Walk-control by animating that Strength parameter to zero whenever you want to control by dragging. You can use the dot-dot-dot menu next to the Strength stopwatch and choose Create Hold Replay and Trigger. Then set it back to 100% and invoke that trigger to set to zero dynamically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work, but thanks. The toes are not draggable, just the ankles. It pins them even when I have Walk completely turned off and when I remove the Walk behavior altogether.

Here's both feet dragged by the ankles. The left foot has a toe, the right foot has no toe...

txtx_0-1654283801455.png

And here's the rigging, based on Hopscotch the frog...

txtx_1-1654284033873.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For forward-looking feet like that you might want to just remove the Toe tags completely. Though from the outline shown there, it looks like you have sideways-pointing toes too. So you might want separate views for left/frontal/right so that you can have the Toe tags in different positions for each view (with none in the frontal view).

If you share the .puppet file with me via DM we can look at the rigging to give a better answer as to why the Toes would be stuck like that even when Walk is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The puppet has frontal and left quarter body views but multiple angles of feet (boots) for the legs of each body angle. Kind of like when you have multiple swappable hands.

The boots on the frontal view work as expected--no odd pinning--but I can't see a difference in their rigging with the problem left quarter angle. I'll hold off sending the puppet for now and first try creating the swap sets for all the boots to see if that reveals a solution. It's my first puppet and I've deliberately allowed it to become extremely complex just to explore and to test the app's boundaries. But you're right, I may not need the tagged toes--Walk isn't as important to me as Body Tracking.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like the issue is gone with version 22.5. It doesn't seem like elbows and knees are draggable handles anymore--tested on some Home Screen puppets.

But I would suggest the Limb IK "Initial Feet Pinning" and Walk "Pin Feet When Standing" selections be consolidated somehow, somewhere and that users be able to turn off their settings by disarming those behaviors--I turn off Walk, but the "Pin Feet When Standing" stays in effect, and I turn off Limb IK but the "Ground Detection" and "Initial Feet Pinning" stay in effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines