• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top of my puppet is not moving

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out why the top of my puppet's head won't move, only the bottom part does. Can anyone help? Here is a dropbox with the video of what it does as well as my layers in photoshop. Thanks! 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5vgoxqevsenynp/AABZB2T5dtleVkSnVUCnoczBa?dl=0

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming it's a PSD, in PS, try putting all the top-level groups into a single top-level group called +Character

You can also show the rigging issues panel at the bottom left corner of the Puppet panel — it might have other tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, rigging screenshot would be a big help. Another useful trick is in the scene panel turn on the mesh icon at the bottom of the panel. It draws yellow triangles over the mesh. Then move the character around and it becomes clearer which part of the mesh is not moving. There is probably something there tagged incorrectly. I am guessing something near the eyes.

Layers generally cannot be controlled by two things, so if a layer gets extra tags, the normal "owner" can be changed, so instead of the Face behavior (for example) moving that part of the face, something else jumps in and grabs control, meaning the Face behavior cannot move it anymore. Its fixable, just need to understand the rigging hierarchy of the puppet (the nesting of layers) to spot it. (Also handles, but they can be harder to see from screenshots unfortunately.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines