• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript-Based Lip Sync; Error Message

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the transcript-based lip sync (following the process from the Okay Samuria YouTube video). Overall, it works great but I keep running into the following error message:

"compute lip sync failed: check that the transcript matches the audio"

The transcript does tend to correctly display the words from teh audio but I get the error message regardless. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or know why I'm getting the error message since the words and audio appear to correctly match?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going through the same thing, does anyone know anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue.  My first audio with .SRT file worked perfectly.  But the next two were getting this error: "compute lip sync failed: check that the transcript matches the audio"

I looked at the imported SRT file and noticed that the times were not starting from zero.  So I went back to the Premiere Pro file, placed all the audio and transcript at the beginning of the timeline THEN exported the SRT file ONLY again.  When I imported this new SRT file into Character Animator and hit Timeline > Compute Lip Sync Take from Audio and Transcript it finally worked.

I guess you have to have the SRT file starting from 0:00:00.  Otherwise Character Animator doesn't know what to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's maddening. I run into all of the time. Like right now, for instance. Makes no sense. Works great for a few sentences. Forgets everything it knows about English in the next sentence. Comes back to its senses and works fine. Loses its mind again. I waste sooo much time having to manually fix it. I really wish Adobe would actually speak to these issues. It's great to have a forum for checking with each other. But I am customer paying for a product that does not always work and I would like to hear from the vendor about how they are addressing these deficiencies. It frustrates me to no end when companies refuse to acknowledge their customers legitimate problems. "We apologize for the inconvenience" only goes so far in helping, folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines