• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring a character animation to iOS

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to create a character animation using Character Animator and then export it so that my developer can import it seamlessly into the iOS app. Any suggestions on the best way to go about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

There are only so many ways you can export from Character Animator - as a movie file (with or without transparencies - lots of choices there) and as a sequence of PNG files.  I believe all the Adobe internal file formats are proprietary, so I think they are the only choices you really have. I have not heard of any Adobe runtime for running the internal format on iOS devices (or any other devices) for example.

So the question really is do you want a sequence of separate PNG files, a movie file wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are only so many ways you can export from Character Animator - as a movie file (with or without transparencies - lots of choices there) and as a sequence of PNG files.  I believe all the Adobe internal file formats are proprietary, so I think they are the only choices you really have. I have not heard of any Adobe runtime for running the internal format on iOS devices (or any other devices) for example.

So the question really is do you want a sequence of separate PNG files, a movie file with transparencies (in Media Encoder filter encoders with the word “alpha”), or a movie file without transparencies. If you need small, I *suspect* a movie file without transparencies with a good encoder will get you the smallest files (you probably need to try fiddling around with the options).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines