• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transferring triggers

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just wondering....so, i downloaded the puppet 'dudley' and have edited him in illustrator to make him more what i want. It;s saved to a new location, and so, when i load him into character animator he no longer has any movements or triggers. I guess they are saved to the downloaded file? how do i get his movements and triggers over to the new dudley? any help welcome, thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Hi Owen,

You should have opened the artwork via Edit Original and saved over the top to maintain your rigging relationship.

Another way, now that you have made changes to the artwork, is to open the original puppet you downloaded with all the rigging working. Then, select the puppet in the project window (over on the left of screen) then over on the right of screen you should see the pathway to the artwork (in blue). You should be able to click on that and redirect/relink the artwork to your new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Owen,

You should have opened the artwork via Edit Original and saved over the top to maintain your rigging relationship.

Another way, now that you have made changes to the artwork, is to open the original puppet you downloaded with all the rigging working. Then, select the puppet in the project window (over on the left of screen) then over on the right of screen you should see the pathway to the artwork (in blue). You should be able to click on that and redirect/relink the artwork to your new saved version.

Also, please consider purchasing the unlocked version of the Dudley puppet. It has a lot more features and would have been a better starting point. Creators like me can only keep having free puppets if people support us. Dudley took me weeks to build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this - will try it today and let you know if it works.

Am happy to unlock Dudley and pay you for your work- how much would it be?
One thing i'm worry about though is, it has taken me AGES to recolour every
aspect of Dudley and all his angles. I'd have to do it all over again for
the downloaded version....which is a daunting prospect....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you downloaded the FREE Dudley puppet you would have also downloaded a triggersheet that has a 60% discount code for the full version of Dudley. The full version has more angles, triggers and outfit options. That is why it would have been the better starting point for modifying the model. You can always copy and paste your modifications across...

That said - there are a ton of puppets and backgrounds on the store that may be of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I’ve been a solid 7 days changing each stroke to a new colour and design, so I’d have to do it with all these new angles too, I presume? Unless there’s a quick way that I’m not sure of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines